- Oct 1, 2011 at 9:00am to Oct 2, 2011 at 5:00pm EDT
- Location: Bah-Fo Studios
- Latest Activity: Jan 28, 2021
A great 2-day event for any voice-actor who wants to develop their acting skills and improve their home studio to launch a new level of clientele.
The acting side: Kick-Ass Characters with MJ Lallo
MJ says "Hey it's all about acting no matter what type of copy you are reading or what songs you are singing! This seminar runs the gamut from commercials to games to animation and its guaranteed to extend your range—Big Time!"
Group exercises and work:
1. Breathing, Voice Placement, Voice Stretching, Character Development through improvisation
2. A unique technique of left and right brain character discovery
3. Total physicalization of characters for commercials as well as animation as they move, dance and yeah even sing!
4. Rolodex set up of all types characters from the gal and guy next door, corp CEO's, alien warriors, to whack Job Cartoon characters.
5. Reading scripts of all types. Your audio files will be emailed to you.
6. Working with scripts to Pictures, Music and Sound Effects to enhance your performance.
7. Question and answer sessions about business. If time permits.
The technical side: Mic to MP3 with George Whittam
A full day technical recording workshop for Voice-over Actors, covers:
1. Mic technique & acoustics
2. Selecting the right microphone
3. Comparison of recording software
4. Editing tips to speed up your process
5. Setting up EQ, Gate, Compressor presets
6. Source Connect vs. ISDN vs. phone hybrid vs. Skype and more....
This is an intimate workshop where you will get hands on and Q n A time with George Whittam. You'll get to address issues that plague you in your own studio and learn some tricks that will save you so much time and frustration, they're worth the entry price alone!